Songbox offers users a few different ways to share music privately. We have the "Songbox", we have "Quick Shares" and we also have "Embeds".
Let's look specifically at what you get with a Songbox.
The gold standard in sharing music privately.
The Songbox platform allows you to create a page where you can:
- share multiple tracks in a playlist style
- add your own branding
- add your own imagery
- write your own copy
- embed lyrics right into the audio player for each track
- attach a PDF into the page for your listeners to view
- optionally make tracks downloadable
We call this type of page a "Songbox".
Each Songbox is created on a unique & unguessable link, which means that only the people with whom you share the link can access it.
The beauty of this approach is that the music you share is private and secure by default, and the recipient of your link just clicks and listens; no need for them to login or have an account.
Security & privacy controls
On top of the out-of-the-box privacy and security, with Songbox you can also:
- add a password: anyone who clicks on the link needs your password to access it
- set view limits: you can set the page to self destruct after its been viewed X number of times
- set expiry dates: you can set the page to shut down on a certain date
- set embargo dates: lock the page from being accessed until a certain date
- lock to an email address: this is a cool feature that means whenever someone clicks on your link, the page is locked by a one time use PIN code that is emailed to an email address that you specify. This means that with absolute certainty, only the person with access to that email account can listen to your tracks. This feature is widely used by Songbox's most high profile subscribers.
Songbox offers musicians, producers, their managers and agencies of all levels the safest and most secure way to share valuable intellectual property, whilst maintaining laser focus on beautiful design and a great user experience.
We're proud to be trusted by some of the biggest artists in the music industry and equally as proud to be hosting the work of hobbyists and those who are on the way up.
If there's a songbox feature you'd like to see, please get in touch.